The Rowenta Effective Comfort DW2070 is an affordable iron that still maintains functionality as well as reliability. It offers features such as automatic shut-off and self-cleaning in addition to adjustable steam.
This iron is made for those who need something simple and reliable but within a decent budget.
- Automatic Shut-Off
- Auto Cleaning
- Precision Tip
- Stainless Steel Sole-Plate
- 8.45-ounce Water Tank
- Adjustable Steam
- Vertical Steaming
- Power: 1,600 watts
- Size: 11 by 6 by 4.75 inches
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Steam Ports: 300
- Cord Length: 7 feet
Pros & Cons
- Providing 1,600 watts worth of power, the Rowenta DW2070 iron is one of the most powerful irons when compared to other budget-conscious models.
- The Rowenta Effective iron offers impressive features considering its price. Finding another model with similar capability would be difficult within the same price range.
- The Rowenta DW2070 features an ergonomic build with large buttons, an easy-to-hold handle and a pointed tip that all make the unit easier to operate.
- One of the few flaws with the Rowenta Effective Comfort iron is the fact that the plastic plug covering the water tank area is not as durable as it should be. Users in Rowenta DW2070 reviews have complained that it can rip off if handled too forcefully.
- Many people desire the iron to be lighter as its 3.5-lb weight may be too heavy for some.
Rowenta DW2070 Review
Rowenta is known for creating some of the most capable, ergonomic and visually-appealing irons on the market, and the Rowenta iron DW2070 fits in right along to the expectation. It features adjustable steam settings to help you straighten clothes of various fabric types in addition to vertical steaming for more versatility. The unit’s spray mist features allows you to direct steam where and when you need it.
The iron has a thick handle and thumb rest that are both large enough to hold comfortably. To spray or steam your fabric, there are two large buttons located at the front of the unit. The adjustment knob is located right beneath the handle, but the ergonomic design provides a size that is large enough to be reached and turned easily.
The 360-degree pivoting cord is 7 feet long to make movement easier for you no matter where your outlet is located. Automatic shut-off keeps you and your iron safe by powering off if the iron is left upright for 8 minutes or on its sole-plate for 30 seconds at a time. The pointed tip allows you to maneuver the iron into tight spots around collars and in-between buttons, and the tip’s steam ports help you deliver steam where it’s needed most.
The wattage of the Rowenta DW2070 unit is nothing out of the ordinary, but it is impressive for models in this price range. The power allows it to heat up quickly and release more steam. The non-stick sole-plate allows it to easily glide across fabric. The unit’s anti-calc feature removes substances from its internal system to help the iron last longer.
This Rowenta Effective Comfort model may not be one of the top irons in terms of rating or class, but it is still a best-seller. Users come to purchase this model for its affordable price, ergonomic design and simple capabilities. The Rowenta DW2070 is a great model for value and function.