Sunbeam is known as a recognizable electronics brand, and one of its main benefits with its irons is their low prices. Most models are sold for less than $50, and many of these offer dependable quality. These irons are not expected to have high-end features, but this Sunbeam iron still comes with a retractable cord. Know more about Sunbeam Steam Master GCSBSP-201.
- Power: 1,400 watts
- Size: 12.6 by 4.8 by 5.4 inches
- Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Steam Ports: 15
- Cord Length: 8 feet
- Retractable Cord
- 3-Way Motion Smart Shut-Off
- Stainless Steel Sole-Plate
- Variable Steam
- Vertical Steaming
Pros & Cons
- The Sunbeam GCSBSP-201 has a longer shut-off time than many other irons. It shuts off after 15 minutes without use, and this can be helpful for those who make or tailor their own clothing.
- This Sunbeam steam iron is very affordable, especially considering the fact that it comes with the coveted retractable cord. Many other models with this feature cost much more.
- Some users in Sunbeam iron reviews have complained of the lifespan of this model. Many claim some component of their units fail after a short period after purchase.
- Though the retractable cord is a highly-praised component of this model, some users find it too bulky fitting into the body of the iron.
Sunbeam Steam Master GCSBSP-201 Review
The Sunbeam GCSBSP-201 is loaded with convenient features. The temperature dial is located under the handle on most irons, and this makes it difficult to rotate when maneuvering around the handle itself. In some models, this design means the knob is easy to move accidentally when gripping the handle. The Sunbeam Steam Master iron is different in that the temperature knob is located at the front of the unit near the steam lever, so it’s easy to turn without being too easy to adjust the settings.
The sole-plate is made of stainless steel that glides easily over nearly any fabric. There are 15 steam ports on the sides of the plate, and they are large in size to provide ample steam for your garments. The variable steam lever allows for 4 steam settings including dry ironing for thicker materials such as multi-layer cotton or wool. The Sunbeam Steam Master also has an anti-drip feature that prevents water from leaking when the iron is not yet ready to produce steam. The dual spray mist is used to dampen fabrics when extra care is needed.
The shot of steam feature helps remove the most stubborn wrinkles, and the button is conveniently placed at the top of the unit. Vertical steaming is possible with this same component of the iron, and the shot of steam operates for 3 seconds at a time to make sure you don’t add too much heat or moisture. The water tank should have at least one-fourth of its total volume for the best steaming effect.
This Steam Master cleaning iron allows you to keep up with maintenance more easily. You should clean the iron at least once a month if you use it regularly. The self-cleaning button is located above the water reservoir. The iron has a long 8-foot cord that is retractable unlike many other irons in its price class. The lightweight unit is less than 3 pounds, and it has a water capacity around 8 ounces.
For an affordable iron, the Steam Master offers a number of impressive features such as its long retractable cord and ergonomic design. Its anti-drip and smart shut-off are also features many users appreciate. It may not be enough for those used to more advanced irons, but it still works well to get rid of wrinkles.